Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sweetie by Kathryn Magendie


What's it about?:
Friendship. Courage. Hope.

For shy, stuttering Melissa, the wild mountain girl named Sweetie is a symbol of pride and strength. But to many in their Appalachian town Sweetie is an outcast, a sinister influence, or worse. This poignant and haunting story takes readers deep inside the bittersweet heart of childhood loyalties.

My Thoughts:
Most people growing up have that one friend that changes their childhood and can end up changing their whole lives even if they don't realize it at the time. For Melissa, this friend was Sweetie.

Sweetie is the first book that I have read in 2011 and a great start to hopefully a wonderful year of reading. I have not read a book this touching since Thirteen Reasons Why. If you want to relive your childhood for just a couple of days, I highly recommend this book. Sweetie is on my top 10 book list of all time. This book is beautifully written and I honestly can't praise it enough.

Number of Pages: 216
Stars: 5
Books Read in 2011: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment