Thursday, October 14, 2010

Book Raffle!


Disclaimer: No one is paying me for this raffle. All prizes will be bought and paid for by myself.

Some of you already know this but if you don't, Stephen King is one of my favorite authors ever. So far I have read 20 of his books and I still have tons waiting on my book shelf to be read. I try to encourage everyone to read at least one of his books to see if you like him.

So, in honor of Halloween (and SK) I am holding a raffle/contest. The winner will recieve one or two of his books bought by me. Interested? Please read the rules below :)

1. You must live in the USA or Canada (sorry)
2. You must be a follower on this blog. You can follow me now if you have not already.
3. You must be 18 years of age or have a parent's permission to enter if you are underage.
4. You need to comment THIS post with:

a.) You're Favorite Stephen King Book & b.) a SK book you are interested in.

OR

a.) What makes you interested in reading one of his books & b.) a SK book you are interested in.

That's it :) Please only enter once. The winner(s) will be picked randomly using random.org on November 16th!

8 comments:

  1. 1.It's hard to say which is my favorite SK book, between 'The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon' and 'Needful Things'. I know they are very different, but both spoke to me.

    2.As for an SK book that I am interested in; his new one that will be coming out after 'Under the Dome', which I already have. I'm really, really wanting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blockade Billy? That's the one that came out right after Under the Dome. Or do you mean Full Dark, No Stars which comes out next month?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) It's so hard to choose! I think I'd have to say Misery is my favourite.

    2) I'm interesting in From A Buick 8.

    I love book raffles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a) I've been reading Stephen King for a very long time, so it's hard to choose a favorite. And I tend to find that his novella collections are far superior to his complete novels. But for sheer scariness, I would have to say "It".

    b) His new collection of novellas, "Full Dark, No Stars".

    ReplyDelete
  5. A.) "Desperation" for the spiritual overtones and characters. As a fantasy fan I also loved "Eyes of the Dragon".

    B.) "Under the Dome"

    ReplyDelete
  6. a.) What makes you interested in reading one of his books & b.) a SK book you are interested in.

    I love all kinds of books. I am embarrassed to say that I've never read one of his books, but I love his movies. I love horror. I would be interested in any of with the exception of IT, I'm terrified of clowns lol. Thanks love

    ReplyDelete
  7. A) I haven't read a lot of Stephen King, but so far "'Salem's Lot" is my favorite. I love the cross-section of the town, and how things slowly degrade as the novel progresses. And all the allusions to Dracula, of course!

    B) Hm. His new one "Under the Dome", definitely, or maybe "Carrie". I've never actually read "Carrie".

    ReplyDelete
  8. A) I have such a hard time pinning down a favorite, but I think I'll have to go with either From a Buick 8, or Under the Dome. Some of his (at least semi-) recent works just weren't for me (Dreamcatcher, I'm looking at you), but I really liked those two.

    B) I'm so interested in Full Dark, No Stars, it isn't funny.

    ReplyDelete